Every baker needs a solid cupcake recipe. Here’s our simple plant-based version which can be adapted to make larger sponge cakes too. We used it here to make Easter Cupcakes, topped with pink icing, chocolate nests and our delicious Swiss Chocolate Truffle Eggs.
Every recipe comes with its own Spotify Playlist (bottom of page). This weeks playlist was chosen one of our favourite Instagrammers @victoriasardain from the beautiful city of Lausanne in Switzerland.
Easter Vanilla Cupcakes
- 135 g oat flour
- 75 g rice flour
- 7 g cornflour
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 95 g coconut oil softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 45 ml lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp apple puree
- 135 ml almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a cupcake tray with paper cases.
- In a small bowl mix together the almond milk, lemon juice and apple puree. Set aside. Weigh the flours and sift into a medium bowl with the baking powder, bicarb and salt.
- In a large bowl cream together the coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract until it turns slightly pale and is well amalgamated.
- Add half of the flour mix to the coconut mixture and combine. Gradually add the almond milk, mixing after each addition until fully combined. Add the remaining flour and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and flatten slightly using the back of a teaspoon.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. The sponge should be spring to touch and slightly golden when ready. You can test by inserting a skewer, if it comes out clean, they are ready! Leave to cool completely before icing and decorating with Easter eggs!
For every recipe we have a matching Spotify playlist to bake along to. Here is this week’s baking soundtrack!
from a small bakery nestled on the foothills of the Swiss Alps, we use our creativity and patisserie skills to reinvent your favourite, most indulgent treats with wholesome and nutritious ingredients, so you never have to miss out on the fun!
This recipe was created with love, by
Having worked as a lead pastry chef and baker, Daphne has a passion for pushing the boundaries - she creates beautiful recipes, bringing natural ingredients into the world of pastry and chocolate making, and making sure every recipe is as delicious as it is wholesome.