A simple, sweet, crunchy yet chewy biscuit originating from our Italian neighbours. We’ve stuck to tradition and used flaked almonds with a mix of candied fruit peel and also added some pistachios with a touch of crystallised ginger for extra colour and flavour. Perfect for festive parties or quick afternoon pick me up.
- 80 g coconut flower sugar
- 120 g coconut milk
- 10 g coconut oil melted
- 50 g flaked almonds
- 20 g roughly chopped pistachios
- 65 g mixed candied peel we use a combination of orange, lemon and melon 5g chopped crystallised ginger
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan.
- Gently mix together the flaked almonds, chopped pistachios, mixed candied peel and crystallised ginger.
- Heat the coconut sugar, coconut milk and coconut oil to 116°C to make a caramel like mixture. As soon as it reaches 116°C take off the heat.
- Quickly add the fruit and nut mix to the caramel and stir together gently to make sure the fruit and nuts are coated.
- Grease a silicone muffin tray with coconut oil and place a teaspoon of mixture into each mould.
- Bake at 160°C for 15 minutes. Once cold, removed from the moulds.
For every recipe we have a matching Spotify playlist to bake along to. Here is this week’s baking soundtrack!
from a small bakery nestled on the foothills of the Swiss Alps, we use our creativity and patisserie skills to reinvent your favourite, most indulgent treats with wholesome and nutritious ingredients, so you never have to miss out on the fun!