These are an all time American classic, a chewy chocolate cookie made with rich chocolate chips. Our cookies have a Swiss twist by giving the peanuts an extra roast and adding in chunks of Swiss chocolate. This weeks recipe was created by Marcel, one of our amazing pâtissiers. There is a picture of Marcel and his amazing creation at the end of this post!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- Piping bags and round nozzles
- Non-stick baking tray
- 80 g coconut oil at room temperature
- 90 g coconut flower sugar
- 32 g maple syrup
- 25 g ground almonds
- 35 g cold water
- 103 g oat flour
- 50 g tapioca starch
- 60 g dark chocolate drops we use 65% vegan chocolate sweetened with coconut sugar
- 8 g cocoa powder
- 2 g inulin powder
- 1 g gum guar
- 10 g baking powder
- 1 g salt
- 150 g peanut butter of your choice
- Cream together the soft coconut oil, coconut sugar and maple syrup until creamy, smooth and slightly pale in colour.
- Add the ground almonds and gradually add one third of the water in stages and stir in.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and the rest of the water. Mix to combine all together.
- Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- In the meantime, weigh out your peanut butter and put into a piping bag with a round nozzle.
- Prepare a non-stick baking tray, very lightly greased (it is important not to use baking paper or grease too heavily otherwise the cookies will spread out too much in the oven)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees fan.
- Once the cookie dough has rested place it into a piping bag with a round nozzle and pipe a round layer or approximately 4 cm in diameter and 5 mm in height. Take your peanut butter and pipe 15 g on to the cookie dough base. It is important to pipe in the centre, not to the edges as to avoid the filling seeping out during the bake.
- On a separate tray or on baking paper, pipe a second layer of cookie dough. This one needs to be slightly larger, approximately 6-7 cm in diameter x 1 cm in height. Gently lift off the tray and place on top of the peanut butter. The second layer of cookie dough should cover the peanut butter and sit in line with the first layer of cookie dough. It should not hang over the edges of the first layer or be too small.
- Bake the cookies at 170 degrees in a fan oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once baked, allow the cookies to cool before removing from the tray.
from a small bakery nestled on the foothills of the Swiss Alps, we use our creativity and patisserie skills to reinvent your favourite, most indulgent treats with wholesome and nutritious ingredients, so you never have to miss out on the fun!
This recipe was created with love, by
Marcel started learning the art of pastry and chocolate in his father's shop at the age of 15, and hasn't stopped since! He has worked around the world on the pastry teams of Michelin star restaurants. Marcel is an expert at taking the craft of Swiss chocolate and creating new recipes for those of us who want indulgence, but with all the benefits of plant-based, gluten-free, and better ingredients.