Tarte au citron has always been a classic from our region near the Alps. This simple vegan recipe for the lemon filling is so versatile – it can be used to fill a tart or between layers of sponge cake for that fresh, zesty addition.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 100 ml oat milk
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 185 g dark chocolate we used 65% cocoa solids, vegan, and sweetened with coconut flower sugar
- 60 g maple syrup
- 20 g coconut oil
- Boil the combined milks in a saucepan. (We use coconut milk for the creaminess, and we add oat to have a more neutral taste so it doesn’t overwhelm the depth of the chocolate).
- Add in chunks of the chocolate and stir in
- Add in the maple syrup and coconut oil and mix well until you have a homogenous emulsion. Mix for 2 minutes, but not much longer or air bubbles will form inside. You want the ganache to be creamy and glossy, – air bubbles prevent that.
- Let the mixture cool to a luke warm temperature and use it to pour into a tart base (to make a chocolate tart), or pour over a cake for a fail-proof glaze.
from a small bakery nestled on the foothills of the Swiss Alps, we use our creativity and patisserie skills to reinvent your favourite, most indulgent treats with wholesome and nutritious ingredients, so you never have to miss out on the fun!