A small cake, light and moist, and contains lots of almond flour, crushed or ground nuts, and almond flavouring.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 14 petites financiers
- 25 g Coconut Oil
- 25 g Maple syrup
- 30 g Coconut flower syrup
- 30 g Crushed almond powder or flour
- 30 g Whole oat flour
- 12 g Egg substitute (you can premake this using 200g tapioca starch, 25g baking powder, 25g guar gum and keep it in an airtight container for future use)
- 2 g Baking powder
- 1 g Edible bitter almond oil/essence (or less)
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Handful Crushed pistachios
- 1 Handful Coconut flower sugar
Make sure the coconut oil is room temperature so that it is slightly soft, but not a liquid.
Add the coconut fat, maple syrup, coconut flower syrup and mix well with a whisk until creamy.
Add in the dry ingredients slowly and fold in.
Add the water bit by bit and mix into a creamy batter.
If you have moulds for small financiers, add the batter into the mould. Otherwise you can use small muffin baking cups.
Sprinkle a generous amound of crushed pistachios and coconut flower sugar on top of each financier.
Bake at 175 degrees C for 15 minutes.
Lasts 2-3 days in an airtight container
Tip: remember not to mix the batter too much, otherwise the financiers won’t rise to be as fluffy and light as they can be.