- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 200 g Rhythm Chocolate Hazelnut Bar (2 bars)
- Crushed hazelnuts to decorate
- Rhythm Swiss Truffle Eggs to decorate
- Optional extra melted chocolate to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Allow the puff pastry to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt the hazelnut chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Roll out the sheets of puff pastry and spread ½ of the melted chocolate over each. If the pastry is still quite cold the chocolate will harden quickly, so be sure to spread the chocolate at speed.
- Roll the pastry back up, but from one long side to the other. Repeat with the second. Seal the fold with your fingers on both.
- Next use a sharp knife to cut a line down the centre of each log cutting it into 2.
- Take two pieces and place them cut side facing upwards. Gently twist them over and under each other to create a braid. Pinch the top and bottom to secure it.
- Repeat with the remaining two pieces and then place the two plaited braids onto a large, lined baking tray to create a wreath.
- Pinch the joins of the braids together, and then place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle over some extra melted chocolate should you wish and sprinkle over crushed hazelnuts.
- Decorate with Rhythm’s Swiss Truffle Eggs and serve.
from a small bakery nestled on the foothills of the Swiss Alps, we use our creativity and patisserie skills to reinvent your favourite, most indulgent treats with wholesome and nutritious ingredients, so you never have to miss out on the fun!
This recipe was created with love, by
Luce Hosier is a food blogger and recipe developer, specialising in vegan recipes with a healthier twist.